Rwanda is a lush country of a thousand hills and is home to mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes national park. The country offers opportunities to travelers all over the world to see the mountain gorillas in their natural habitant. Mountain gorillas are endangered species with only 700 or so left in the world and a number of them living in Rwanda’s Parc Nationale Des Volcanoes located northwest of the country. Trekking gorillas is carried out is conducted in a strict and organized way in all countries ie; Rwanda Uganda and Congo
Facts about Mountain Gorillas
Gorillas are vegetarians – they feed on variety of plants including wild celery, bamboo, thistles, stinging nettles, bedstraw and certain fruits. Gorillas are very susceptible to human illnesses and have 97% of the same DNA as humans, are highly social, have an average life span of 35 years, and live in families governed by the oldest male, the silverback, Female mother gorillas have a gestation period of 9 months and have a humanlike tenderness with which a nursing mother cuddles her baby and gently takes care of her.
Best selling Safari Packages Available
- 7 Days Gorilla Wildlife TourA 12-day safari that takes you to the major Ugandan National Parks .The safari begins with a visit to Murchison Falls National Park, the Kibale Forest National park, to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- One Days Gorilla ExcursionMountain gorilla safari in Rwanda starting and ending in Kigali. Experience 2 gorilla treks – tracking different gorillas families offering special fantastic encounters with the mountain gorillas.
- 3 Days Gorilla Trek Rwanda
Uganda Adventure safari taking you to experience the queen Elizabeth savannah and its wildlife – tree climbing lions, buffaloes, elephants, hippos plus the splendid Kazinga channel launch cruise.
- 5 Days Gorilla Trek & WildlifeNullamlacus dui ipsum conseqlo borttis non euisque morbipen a sdapibulum orna.Urnau ltrices quis curabitur pha sellent esque congue magnisve stib ulum quismodo nulla et.
- 4 Days Rwanda Tour – 2 Gorilla TreksUganda wildlife viewing safari very ideal safari choice for clients seeking to explore Uganda’s primates. This safari takes to Queen Elizabeth NP for wildlife viewing , Bwindi NP for gorilla tracking.
- 8 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorillas SafariBest choice African safari with lots of wildlife and primates to be seen from two different countries. You will also track gorillas twice from Bwindi national park and Volcanoes national park.